Every day like Animal crossing: new horizons players wake up their Nintendo Switch, stores on their islands receive new items. Each player has a different assortment, which means that each person playing the game will have a different selection in their stores.
One of the easiest ways to get items from other islands is to visit other players, but not everyone has the time to do so. If you want to send gifts to friends directly from your island without going through the process of visiting yourself, there is an easy way to gift your friends: send a letter with a gift attached via Dodo Airlines courier service.
You can send up to two gifts per day to each friend you’ve played with. But how do you send gifts? This guide will tell you everything you need to know about sending letters containing gifts.
How to send letters with gifts attached
The mail service on your island will initially allow you to send mail to any villager who lives on your island or even to your future self. To be able to send mail to other players, you must first visit another player’s island or vice versa.
After two players interact in this way, they will both become registered mail recipients on each other’s islands. From there, sending mail is a straightforward process.
- Go to Dodo Airlines and interact with the card kiosk to the right of the Orville office.
- Orville will ask if you would like to send a letter for the cost of 200 bells.
- Choose the recipient to whom you want to send your letter.
- Select the stationery for your letter, which ranges from a list of rotary templates to standards that you can always choose from.
- Write a note on the letter.
- To attach a gift, click on the gift icon at the bottom right of the screen that appears just after writing your note.
- You can attach most items and even cash as gifts.
Sending the letter will take a few moments. If you’ve sent something to a villager on your island, you’ll likely get a response from the villager thanking you for the gift.
If you’ve sent a gift to a friend, it will appear in their mailbox every time they’re online.
When your friend receives their gift with your letter, they will instantly know what it is just by looking at the attachment. If you want your gifts to look more like a gift, you can purchase wrapping paper from Nook’s Cranny.
To wrap a gift, select the wrapping paper in your pocket and choose the “wrap” option, then you can choose an item to wrap.
When your friend receives a wrapped item, they will need to open the wrapping paper before they can see the item inside. It’s a minor touch, but it can make the gift-sending process a bit more entertaining.