If you want to get your hands on the Halo weapons that have arrived in Destiny 2 as part of Bungie’s 30th anniversary event, you’re going to have to make do. Specifically, you’ll need to get the Destiny 2 Treasure Keys, which will then be used to open an RNG Chest that will award you one of the Legendary Weapons. So here it is how to get treasure keys in destiny 2.
What are Treasure Keys?
Treasure Keys are used to open the chest in Xur’s Treasure, as listed in the item’s in-game description. However, this treasure chest of Xur is not just any old chest. Once opened, it will reward players with one of the new weapons from the 30th Anniversary event.
This means you’ll have a chance to get one of the Halo weapons that made their way into Destiny 2, such as the BxR-55 Battler and Retraced Path.
How to Get Treasure Keys for Xur in Destiny 2
To get treasure keys in Destiny 2, you will need to complete the Dares of Eternity challenge. You can access it by opening your director and selecting Eternity, located at the bottom left of the tower and directly under the moon.
Here, select Dares of Eternity and the challenge will begin once matchmaking is complete. Your Fireteam will now need to defeat waves of enemies to fill a progress bar. When full, a final boss will spawn which, when defeated, will award players with a treasure key.
You can get a key each time you complete Dares of Eternity, so it’s well worth working through a few times if you’re itching to get your hands on those Halo weapons in Destiny 2.
Use Treasure Keys
To use a Treasure Key, head to Xur’s Treasure in Eternity with your Warden. Walk towards Xur and you will find a chest next to him. Go forward and press Square on PlayStation or X on Xbox to open the chest.
You will now receive one of the legendary weapons added as part of the 30th anniversary event.
That’s all you need to know about how to get treasure keys in destiny 2. For more tips, tricks, and guides, head over to our wiki or check out more of our coverage on the game below.
- Destiny 2: The Witch Queen’s latest trailer teases that secrets abound in the world of Savathun’s Throne
- New Destiny 2: The Witch Queen trailer shows off more of Savathun’s throne world and Lucent Hive
- Destiny 2: The Witch Queen TGA 2021 trailer mixes live action and cinematic gameplay to show just how boneless Guardians are next year
- Destiny 2 Streamer drops sick freestyles while raking in PvP kills
- Destiny 2’s Latest TWAB Outlines Massive Subclass and Ability Changes for the 30th Anniversary Event and Beyond